What's the best, safe and affordable city to raise your kids?

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 3:20 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• what state are you talking about?
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 3:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I think Lodi, CA is pretty awesome...it's a small town but it has everything you really need (Walmart, Costco, Target, Chipotle lol) it's about 45 minutes from Sacramento so if you want to go out on the town it's not far, the schools are great, the people are friendly, it's beautiful here...not a whole lot of jobs but like I said it's 45 min from Sacramento and the next big city Stockton is about 15 minutes away, and it's pretty affordable...we're renting a 2 bd, 2 ba duplex with for $700 a month....I love it here =) I actually moved here from Sacramento because it's a better place to raise my daughter (also to be closer to my bf...who later married my lol)

Okay sorry about writing a novel lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Anywhere in the U.S.
    janeq123

Comment by janeq123 (original poster) at 4:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Did you double post???
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 8:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• That seems like a lot for one city. I often see polls with just one of those options in it "what's the best city to live in in the US?" What's the most affordable city to live in". What's the safest city to live in? But all three in the same poll - impossible. Good luck with your search.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i dont like cities, but our TOWNS around western NY, clareance, kent, holley, greece, they are 5 or so minutes outside the cities buffalo and rochester in western ny.. houses are VERY affordable.. the towns are family friendly in these areas, and aside from taxes it really is a great area. if you go an hour out of the cities there are a lot of nice small villages in more country like areas with towns with the stores you need only 20 minutes away max.
    feel free to pm me for more info.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• great places in western NY.. the great lakes, letchworth state park, niagara falls (it's the other side of the state from NYC).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Pennsylvania
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:36 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It's all relative
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:25 PM on May. 10, 2011