Do you think it will come out, or should we go to the ER?

My DD put (according to her) a noodle up her nose. It is a Ramen noodle, and I'm sure it's not a whole one! LOL. Do you think as it softens it will come out on it's own, or do you think I should take her to the hospital?

applemom

Asked by applemom at 6:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• call the doc to find out mine havent done that yet but i know it will happen lol
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I wouldn't worry about it. It probably went down her throat. It's soft and bendable so it couldn't get lodged up there. If it was hard, like a bead, then it would become stuck and I'd worry...I'm sure she's ok
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I guess I should have been clear that it was an UN cooked noodle, so it was hard. She has stopped crying about it. It's not been bleeding or anything. I tried making her blow her nose, but it didn't work. LOL...it worked for my son when he shoved a pea up his nose! LOL
    applemom

Answer by applemom at 7:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• if it was boiled and soft then it went probably down her throat. If not, then you will probably see it. Make her blow her nose. If there is nothing coming out then its already all the way down in the stomach. ;)

If its not boiled, yes then i would call a doc and asked what to do.

Reminds me of my brother. He used to put those little marbles up his nose. I still have the picture of my mom in my mind when she took him and ran to the ER. Actually not funny but he came up to my mom and said: "Mommy you know what? i put that marble far up in my nose. kinda hurts though!" ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• oh nvm.. so it was uncooked.. did you get it out? did you find it?! where is the noodle?
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• How old is she?? If she is old enough to blow her nose have her blow it...if not try to use one of those nose sucker things and try to suck it out. Since it isn't something huge it should slide out I would think...it reminds me of the stringy snot that I suck out of my sons nose (if it is cooked)
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 7:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• oh sorry I didn't read all the answers....try to use one of the nose sucky things...if you still have one..
    CarieP

• it was not cooked and it has not come out. She will be 4 in about 2 weeks. I have made her blow her nose, but it didn't work. I will let it soften and try again. I'm waiting to hear back from the dr's office.
    applemom

Answer by applemom at 7:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• So, can you actually see it?
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• no i can't see it. i'm going by what she has said. and the fact that my son (12) eats ramen soup uncooked. he will break it up in the package, sprinkle seasoning over it and eat it like a bag of chips! He had some when he got home from school. I'm guessing this is where the noodles came from
    applemom

Answer by applemom at 8:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2008