Would you consider this disrespectful?

You and your BF live together say you been together for almost 3yrs but was only living together for 4mnths (tells ppl your his fiance) and your pregnant. He goes out with a friend that he has known since hs to a bar to talk about "his divorce problems". His friend knows your pregnant and how far along,his friend has kids or 1, so your bf pretty much goes after he comes home from work saying he's not gonna be out long,ok no problem. 31/2hrs goes by and you text and asks "what time are you coming home"? He texts "b home later by 12am phone dying". It's now after 1am almost quarter of. How would you ladies feel about that...just curious.

Unique11

Asked by Unique11 at 3:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, it is disrespectful to you. If he's living with you and you are having his children, then it's pretty much the same as being married. Sounds like you are having issues or problems and he needs to deal with them before he deals/listens to anyone else's. Now if he wants to go out w/this friend maybe once a week; I would do the same. Do something for yourself as well. Each of you choose a night that you can have to yourselves. Tell his friend to go seek professional advice. Most importantly, tell your boyfriend how you feel openly and honestly and ask him to do the same.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My DH did that to me a couple times when I was pregnant before we got married. After about the 3rd time I met him at the door with a bat. I didn't touch him with it but lets just say he hasn't done it since.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 4:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Sounds kinda sketchy!! I dont know about anyone else but if my man stayed out PAST 1am with a "female friend" thats a little weird. If there jus friends and they talk hang out every now and then.... whatever but all night is a little odd and kinda disrespectful to you. I
    Oposite sex Friend time shouldn't last all night.
    youngmoma07

Answer by youngmoma07 at 3:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would consider he has a whole lot to talk to his friend about.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i would feel that he is a selfish immature man.

He could have been honest & said "You know, i'm having a real good time...i think i might stay out a little later" But no......he chose to act like a 15 year old boy. Big turn off...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Sounds like he still enjoys the single life. Doesn't sound like you are okay with this. Talk about it, come to some agreement and understanding about each other's expectations. You need to make a decision based on the outcome of that talk.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would be having a talk with him! My husband and I agreed befor we even got married neither one of us would go to a bar without the other. It's not trust issues it's a respect factor both of us have total trust. Maybe you need to sit him down and have a long talk with him and explain to him how you feel.
    x3.babymama.x3

Answer by x3.babymama.x3 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I had my fiance do this to me as well, 3 times, one time going to a funeral and coming home the next day at 4am! and each time I let him know exactly how I felt about it. Its not so much disrespectful as it is selfish. Pregnancy is not an easy road to travel, you feel sick sometimes, you get hungry, and you have mood swings (whether we admit it or not lol) and to be alone and going through this while hes out enjoying himself not thinking nothing of you, if you're alright, or just to call and check on you is very thoughtless. I told my fiance that I wouldn't ask him to do anything else because he always failed me, which made him feel pretty crappy and soon after he straightened up.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 11:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It's a guy. And just because his marriage is f%*┬┐ked he keeps him out all night. This happened before wasn't living together,my midwife thought i was having a possible miscarriage and said i needed to get a ultrasound i was at the hospital but i couldn't get that night but still,he was suppose to come but never came because his friend was going through something ONCE AGAIN and of course went to a bar! That turned into a all nighter. He said what happened i didn't believe him and of course i gave him hell for it. So now i never trust him when he's out with him or using that played out "he's going through something". But my baby is very healthy other than that he's a good guy but that just really did it. I needed to get that out.
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 4:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No they already supposedly had a divorce talk 3wks ago now it's "o it's about the kids and child support this time and he's stressing about it". I said isn't that what should of came up last time or the very first topic at any point he went to u about it!!
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 4:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2011