What does it mean when your husband tells you hes not in-love with you anymore but he stills love you??

I don't know what to do I don't know if we should still be together after him telling me he's not in-love with me anymore but still loves me. I need advise plz help me

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 4:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• It just means the sparky love has settled in to the deeper love. Some people think that means the party is over but sometimes it's just settling down to a good long term relationship that can last a lifetime. Now, if he says he just wants to be friends you might need to be concerned but for now I think it might be ok.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• go out on a date! =D go get that spark back! its easy to fall into the habit of things... i agree with mckenzie... this is when the party is over and its up to you two to work out the long term
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 4:38 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I am sorry but I am going to be honest with my opinion here. I just asked my husband and he agrees with me. To us it sounds like he is saying he cares for you and doesn't want to hurt you but he doesn't love you anymore. I hope I am wrong. But if my DH was to tell me that I would think he wanted out and was just trying to spare my feelings and not make it hurt so bad.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 4:38 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I thought being in-love was the deeper love!
    Genesis29

Comment by Genesis29 (original poster) at 4:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We been having a lot of fights and its on daily bases. I think my marriege is falling apart and I don't know what to do we only been married 3 years and have 1yr babygirl and the confusing part is that he tells me he wants to be with me
    Genesis29

Comment by Genesis29 (original poster) at 4:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• it means he loves you because he cares about you. He loves you like he might love a relative, or friend....but...he is not in love with you in a romantic way anymore.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• He loves you because you are the mother of his child. He loves you like he loves his family. But he's not inlove with you meaning he's not committed in a long term forever realtionship. It could end soon so you should be making plans of your own.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• sounds like he is on a guilt trip because he wants to cheat or cheated. how often is sex, notice a change?? umm? toss between mckenzie and fire pony

Is it dumb arguments? he starts? do the best u can for the child. I always say, ." For to me that is important...Are you both attentive to your child?(dd) ,,,that may help the relationship...make it stronger...for it is not about you to, you are in this together, it is about the child. don't deprive the child. of its mom and pop because of your stubborn selves.. the child did not ask to be here... so he want to jump ship now the spark has died down. find it.. WORK it OUT. 17 years at least." GL
    AMMA554

Answer by AMMA554 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Being "IN love" with your spouse comes and goes, passion comes and goes. You two have a 1 year old, that's stressfull enough. Ask him if he wants to make this marriage work, if he does then WORK.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

Um nooooo that is the last thing that i was thinkikng! He isnt in love with you. Do you want to be in a long term realtionship knowing he is not in love with you?
    and you said your marriage is falling apart, he is trying to let you down easy.

He isnt in love with you
    its time to moovve on!!
    You deserve love, go find it girl becuase it isnt going to be with him

i got told the same thing and after our divorce he regreted ever saying

Men are dumb. they are just boys with more grey hairs and deeper voices =)
    LovinMyJay4

Answer by LovinMyJay4 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2011