I'm 26 weeks and dialated 1cm and admitted at the hospital.... HELP!!

I have had a thinning cervix since I was 19 weeks pregnant and it thinned from 2.5 cm to 1cm dialated in 5 weeks... has this happened to anyone else and how long did you hang in there for???

firsttimer338

Asked by firsttimer338 at 6:23 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Some women can dilate 1-2 cm really early in the pregnancy and still need to be induced. The hospital might try to put a stitch in your cervix and invert your bed so your legs and hips are elevated.  Good Luck!

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yes, when i was pregnant with my twins i was dialated at 2 cm at 24 weeks. They admitted me to the hospital and i was there for alittle over 2 weeks. I was then sent home on a pump with meds, and a meciene to count contractions and stricken bedrest. As long as you completely follow the docotrs orders you have a very good of going close or even to full term. I was able to make it to 33 weeks i know that is still early but it is so much better than 24 or 26 in your case. Plus because they put me on steroids my babys both came out at 5 lbs. and did not not spend any time in the NICU. So just make sure you talk with your doctor about any and all ways to help the baby. Good luck to you.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 9:33 AM on Apr. 28, 2011