If you were cooking or baking?

and realized you were out of something you needed, what would you do? Would you ask a neighbor or make a trip to the store?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Sometimes I look for a substitution but normally I would run over to the store that's really close by.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:14 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I make a trip to the store.

Answer by older at 8:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would run to the store and pick up what I needed.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I used to ask a neighbor, but they moved and I dont like the new renter. :(
    Trip to the store for now.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm usually able to find a substitution or I can leave the ingredient out. If I can't find a substitution or I can't leave the ingredient out, it usually means I have to scrap the whole thing. If I wanted to go to the store, I'd have to go to the bank and get cash out, then go to the store, and that's more trouble than it's worth.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:39 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• try and find something to subsitute for whatever im missing if not then go to the store Or make hubby :)
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 8:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Make a trip to the store, I've done that before. Plus I don't live far from a grocery store. If am gonna make or bake something I would rather do it right.
    thismotherof2

Answer by thismotherof2 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My next-door neighbor and I have a super relationship, so I would ask her first.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The nearest store is 20 miles away, that's not an option. Thankfully MIL is one of my neighbors, I call her or scrounge in her kitchen if she's not home. But I also make sure I have everything before I start cooking/baking!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would first see if I have a substitute item available, if not, then I would ask my neighbor and if she didn't have anything I could use, then I wouldn't finish whatever it was I was trying to make. However, I try to plan my shopping around my planned meals, so that I won't have to worry about not having what I need.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2011