stuff about labor

is it true the more water u ding and the more u walk makes labor eayer???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes walking can make it easier cause it helps move the baby down.not sure about the water
    Anonymous

• Walking can help bring baby down, though it doesn't always work (it didn't for me!). The water thing...being dehydrated makes it harder for your body to function and makes you more tired, so drinking lots of water helps keep things going--I guess that it "helps" in THAT way....
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I don't know anyone that has said walking has helped them, but doctors still insist that it helps the baby get into the right position. Water is to help you stay hydrated because take it from someone who had to have an IV put into her arm because she was dehydrated you will start trying to pass out if you have not had plenty of water. I was only in labor for a couple of hours, but it started at like two in the morning so because I had been asleep so long I was low on water. I seriously recomment about 8 glasses of water a day especially during the last trimester.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 7:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• The more you walk is good, for stregthening your lower body for pushing, but the #1 best thing you can do for an easier labor is NOT gain more weight than your Dr tells you. The heavier you are, the harder it is on You AND the baby during labor. Not to mention how hard it is to get the weight off after the baby is born. Staying well hydrated is always healthy for your body.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Well I don't know about the water thing but the walking does help that and sex
    Everettsmom163

Answer by Everettsmom163 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• well I'm really not sure what fast labor is. I walked with both my pregnancy's 1 mile to work and 1 mile back home. With both my pregnacys because I din't have a car. With my first daughter my labor lasted 10 hours with my second labor lasted 9 hours. I'm not sure if thats considered fast labor but I would consider 2-4 hours fast labor.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2008