There have been ......

128 people killed in Alabama because of tornadoes, anyone from here affected?

Asked by older at 8:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Me too Older. Me too. We had a strong storm and some tornados last month. I woke up to our house shaking a few weeks ago with huge hail and trees snapping and lifting at one in the morning several weeks past. I am reminded how fast it can happen.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• death toll over 170 now

I hope all the CM Mommies and their families are OK..

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My aunt lives in Tuscaloosa. She's okay but her dog is missing and her home is completely destroyed. My mom spoke to her early this morning and said she was pretty shaken up. I can't imagine...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Not me But we did have a huge storm ! i live in sc
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 8:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It's so sad. I didn't know for sure until late last night that some of our relatives in the Huntsville area are okay. I was worried that we hadn't heard. My friend's brother in law and sister were lucky that their house was okay, but they had so much damage in their area that they weren't even able to get to their home for many hours. Some of their neighbors had a lot of damage though. We had a lot of storms in middle TN over the last few days--some tornadoes and flooding, but we're okay here. I've seen some pictures of damage in other towns close to us though. Hope everyone on CM is safe!
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Not me personallly, But we have many family & friends that have been affected. My husbands good buddy & coworker lives down in cullman, He lost everything.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No. I have been watching some of the pictures and they are horrifying.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I got a phone call late last night, that some friends of our in Lawrence county were killed. But I can't get a confirmation this morning.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Wild storms and crazy unstable weather in SC this morning ... haven't seen this much of a mess since I left TX. Still waiting to hear from friends in several states. Hope everyone is ok and stays safe.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My heart goes out to everyone affected......

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2011