Have you ever been best friends with someone?

lost contact with them for many a year and then out of the blue they contact you and want to reconnect; then after talking a few times they don't answer your calls or emails; and if so do you wish you wouldn't have started the friendship again?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• people are busy...just because she didn't return your call/email...is no reason for regret.

Maybe she didn't see it as "starting a friendship" again. maybe she was glad to re-connect & that was it.

Yes, i have gotten in touch with old friends i was close with. But, i never tried to make them my close friends again. People change & have different lives & cannot always go back to the way things were. One of my close friends i got back in contact with, i never talk to. But, when i go back to Boston to visit, i let her know I'm coming & we usually have lunch once & leave it at that. I'm sure she still cares for you, she just might no be in a position to start a new friendship once again.

I'd send her a message saying "It was great re-connecting with you, maybe we can do lunch one day" And leave it at that. if you push too hard to be friends again, she might get annoyed.

Don't have regrets...that stems from insecurity...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yes I had this happen & Yes I felt like i waisted time trying to become friends again When they gave no effort
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 9:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yeah, my current, so called bff, doesn't answer my calls, texts or emails anymore. Our friendship would go for years without us having contact as well. That's why I am on CM; to find friends.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yea sadly I have. And I know ppl have lives and I know people can be busy.. but really it pisses me off. I mean I get it but you contact me wanting to reconect and now all of the sudden you do not have time for me!??! I dunno I just dont want to hear excuses on what could be going on. If you have to much going on.. then dont bother ... thats my theory
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yeah- we are now FB friends -but honestly all she posts about is her dogs and never comments on any of my posts so...I will always love her but we will never get that friendship back. Once I had kids it all sorta just changed with her and eventually we didn't even talk anymore- maybe once every couple of years or something.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2011