Do you ever feel this way?

that you aren't good enough for anyone to want to do anything with you unless there is no one else around and it makes you more and more depressed. And if so what do you do to bring yourself out of the depression?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Health

• Get out the house!! You can have fun by yourself. I did feel like this when both my kids went to school, but I can go in and eat somewhere all by myself. I can window shop all by myself. I can take walks by myself-which by the way REALLLLY helps , that and eating better. I just went to the Dr and she did some blood work but gave me a list of vitamins to try in the mean time. You don't need anybody to do stuff with, it takes getting use to but you can do it. I miss my best friend terribly, but I look at the drama queens around me and think I don't need to be drug into that. But I guess the best advice I can give is talk to a Dr. If that isn't an option, get up and get moving . GL Hope your feeling better soon.
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 9:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Wow, you are really battling insecurity issues aren't you?

No, i don't feel that way. I think you need to make new friends & possibly talk to a counselor. They can really help you get to the bottom of depression.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I feel that way sometimes, but I try and go out and do things ....like to the park with my son or to walk around the mall. When DS smiles at me...it brightens my mood and then eventually I snap out of it. I only feel this way maybe once or twice a year...
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 9:53 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I dont personally feel that way, but if I did Id have to rethink who my friends were. Real, true friends wont make you feel inferior, theyll want to do things with you first rather then last. I think if you have people around you bringing you down you should look into meeting some new people. Perhaps people you have more in common with? Im sure there is a mommy and me or a playgroup kind of setting where babies and moms meet up once in a while. Perhaps look into going to one of those to meet other moms?
    The bottom line is. Its not YOU that has the issue, its the other people that are making you feel inferior. Im sorry that is depressing you. You just need to realize that your worth more then that, and you need to make a decision to not allow people to make you feel that way. Just remember youre pretty fantastic being you and its not fair for anyone to treat you otherwise.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 9:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2011