HPT previously frozen (left outside) results accurate?

I just got a positive HPT but now I'm second guessing myself because it was stored outside for a winter. On the directions it says "do not freeze" Would you think it wouldn't show a false positive but maybe only a false negative? If the hormone is present it's present, right? My husband is almost home and I'm about to tell him but I don't want to say I'm not really sure. Opinions? I couldn't find any results in an internet search about this situation. Thanks

Isaidit

Asked by Isaidit at 7:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't think it would give a false positive, but I guess you never know. Sorry.

I brought my positive test to my sister-in-laws last year to have her verify that it said what I thought it said and I took one of her tests while I was there, getting an INSTANT plus sign. I was out the rest of the day, leaving the tests in the car, and by the time I got home, the plus sign had turned to a negative...even though the plus was supposed to last for days! I took the last one of my tests the next morning, just to be sure, lol! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• That's strange that it would disappear after being frozen. The box doesn't say when to not freeze it. So, maybe after it's been used don't freeze it. I'll call the # tomorrow. I don't have any more tests and I'm dying to tell my husband.
    Isaidit

Answer by Isaidit at 7:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Call the pharmachist at the drug store and ask them if it would still read accurately or not. They would know.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I would have him pick up another one on the way home just to be sure.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It may change the chemical reaction for the positive. I would buy a new one just to be sure. Sneak out to the store, take it in the bathroom there, buy a cute card or something if it's positive and surprise him
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Whats the expiration date?
    Anonymous

• Doesn't expire for 4 months.
    Isaidit

Answer by Isaidit at 10:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008