Just curious

Why do some women have their baby's induced? I understand if there is a medical reason and its best for mom or baby or both. By why just do it to be doing it?

firepony

Asked by firepony at 9:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• i think the women that just do it to do it are either just so ready for the baby to here that they can't wait anymore or they like things to come on their terms.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I always had my babys induces but not baby #1 I wanted it done b/c i was so tired of waiting and couldent sleep and in pain They dont induce unless your Term Pretty much anyways - a week Is still term And Will be very much healthy
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 9:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Just so everyone know I am not judging anyone by their choices. I am just curious.
    firepony

Comment by firepony (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I myself was scheduled to be induced because I had gained a lot of weight, it was summer, and my doctor didn't want me to get any bigger or more uncomfortable. I didn't ask to be induced, she recommended it, and I trusted her, so I agreed to it. As it turned out, I had to be induced early because my water broke, and I wasn't having contractions or any other signs of labor.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Never been induced unless my water already broke :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2011