Do you hate the phrase...?

"God only gives you what he thinks you can handle" I seem to keep hearing this alot lately. i am going thru a real tough time with my oldest son and i feel like i am being attacked at every angle and i'm trying to get him the same opportunities that everyone else has. And every time i turn around someone is saying that. It just makes me want to scream!! i know that people think that they are helping but i really feel like it's starting to get annoying like if you can't just listen or come up with anything better to say just please don't say it. Sorry i just needed to vent. I heard that phrase i don't know how many times yesterday...

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 9:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't hate it, but it is very often over-used. You might start a conversation with someone just saying, "I really am not looking for answers and I know God only gives us what we can handle, but I really need someone to just listen to me." People try to be helpful, but often "stick their foots in their mouths."
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I hate it.. I have two kids and want a third but it doesn't look like it will happen.. I had cervical cancer and he had an accident that damaged his chances. everyone keeps quoting that line to me.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:07 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Doesn't it just make it seem like it's an "easy out" answer? i don't know maybe i am being harsh but it's just that i have heard it an insane amount lately. I would be fine with a Im sorry even. or i don't know what to say but if you need and ear. But no i keep getting that stupid phrase!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I don't hate it. I find it slightly comical. But then, I'm an Atheist.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 9:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• im starting to think he's underestimating my abilities myself!! haha
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 9:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• or just being cruel!!.....
    amberpaiz

• Hate is not worth your time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 28, 2011