Ear wax?

Whenever Gauge wakes up I notice theres wax that looks like its draining out of his ears...Is this normal? He doesnt have a temp and he isn't acting like he's in pain..

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 7:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds pretty normal! I have the baby safe cotton swabs that I use to clean it out, though now taking regular baths seems to flush it away pretty good!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• He probably just has some sinus drainage. Just keep it clean and he should be fine. My daughter had and still has the same problem sometimes. If he seems to start scratching his ears a lot you could talk to his doctor about maybe some allergy medicine or something, but he will be okay.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 7:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It could be the start of an ear infection or the end of an ear infection that has already healed. When my son had an ear infection, he never had any symptoms either.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My daughter always had/has running ears when she is teething
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Lots of ear wax is normal, just keep cleaning it off the outside of the ear. Just remember to not put anything smaller than the persons elbow in the ear. Just a little something I learned from one of the docs I went to see when I ruptured my ear drum with a q-tip.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:27 PM on Dec. 3, 2008