Worried about $

This has been a rough month for me. Im stressing about my finances. Emergency Dental surgery on two teeth ($1890.00) and to pay for it I had to not pay my mortgage. Ive NEVER missed a payment before. I cried myself to sleep last night. I had to put payment extensions on my bills and I feel like I have fallen and cant get back up. Just need some reassurance.

Nickcole23

Asked by Nickcole23 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• Hon, everybody falls on hard times! Just keep your chin up and dig yourself out of this hole. Then, to prevent this happening in the future, get yourself an emergency fund set up! Don't touch it for ANYTHING except emergencies, such as your dental surgery. That way, next time life throws you a curve ball, you'll be prepared!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I understand the frustration my husbands company was sold and he chose not to stay with the new company and he has been without a job for a month now. With the bonus his last company gave him we have stayed afloat but second round of bills is coming and that bonus is gone. I sell Mary Kay which I love for the job security but I have been so wraped up in helping him find a job plus just haaving him home my own business has fallen behind. But if you have any intrest selling Mary Kay to earn some extra money feel free to message me to ask any questions and learn some details. The great thing about Mary Kay is your income depends on how much you want to put into it!
    TTURNBAUGH

Answer by TTURNBAUGH at 9:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Hopefully your mortgage lender will 'understand' and be willing to work something out so you can ease your mind and stress a little. Nowadays many of us are falling on very hard times and going thru the same sorts of things. Emergency money is something most don't and can't plan for. Hope things get better soon.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• If you need more money you should completely stop doing what you're doing. It's like you're trying to get different results from the same activity! Message me and we can get you an extra 300 bucks to help pay your bills immediately!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• it will be ok!!! everyone is having a hard time. I have my own business and love that it fits into my life. if you are interested message me thru cafe mom.
    God Bless!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm sorry you're going through this. How hard.

In the future you'll want to prioritize your money though. Food, utilities, mortgage, fuel, and insurance would go first. Dental bills would wait until that gets paid. So would eating out, cable bills, credit card bills etc.

But you're already though. I don't think you're going to lose your home over one missed payment. It would be best to get caught up asap. Look around your home plan a big garage sale this weekend. Maybe put a few bigger items on ebay or craigslist. With the weather warming up I wouldn't be all surprised if you or your husband could do a little yard work for other people and that would give you some money to put towards this.

Sometimes the bank will roll a missed payment into the back of the mortgage- it would cost you a lot in the long run though. You could also start making payments of $200 or $300 extra a month until you get caught up.

Continue:
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Call your mortgage holder and see if you can work something out. Good luck.
    Erica_Smerica

• Thanks to those who showed support.
    Nickcole23

Comment by Nickcole23 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm so sorry for what you're going through.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i know how you feel,i go threw this almost everymonth,just know its ok most ppl go threw this and its nothing to stress to bad over,im sure your mortagage conpany will be understanding,millions of americans are 100 times worse off,but i know the pain of not having your bills paid on time and the embarresment of that.just hang in there,things will work themselfs out.good luck hun
    twolilgirls712

Answer by twolilgirls712 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2011