my husband told me last night after a few to many drinks he wish he would have slept with more women before he met me. what does this mean to our marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I've always felt that when someone's inhibitions are down (ie: when drinking) or in the heat of an argument, the things that are said...usually negative, ARE what the person IS thinking! I would take it as a sign that your husband isn't happy (not necesarily anything YOU did per se), could be the beginning of a mid-life crisis, he's not happy with his job, he doesn't like the home he's in, he needs a different outlet, who knows! As tough as men are, they are often very insecure! Take the opportunity to ASK HIM what he means by his statement. Instead of speculating, get him to explain what he meant!
    Anonymous

• Don't go looking for problems. It doesn't mean anything other than he is kind of stupid. Do you feel he is happy in your marriage? If not, talk it out with him. Otherwise, stop talking about the past with your husband.
    Anonymous

• nothing. its his past. i wouldnt worry to much about it.
    countrymomma

Answer by countrymomma at 4:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• He told you, so I doubt if he would act on it. It is an after thought. I would drop it.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 4:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• do not stress over it! it could be nothing but it could be something... i would try and spice up your sex life and not let your doubt in him "take over".
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 5:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I have the complete other problem mine used to brag about how many girls hes been with and it bugs me a lot, I know it shouldnt but it does.
    andrea_smkns

Answer by andrea_smkns at 6:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2008