Second part of my question.Where should she look to work at?

I mean what place hires a 15 yr old person.I don't know I didn't work until I gratuated high school. at 17. yrs of age. from 6am -2 pm mondays , tuesdays, and wednesdays. 8am to 4pm Thursdays and Fridays in a day care center.Then in september I stopped and went to college. There I worked on my breaks and during the summer. Untill I graduated. Then I worked from then on.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 9:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I worked at Burger King when I was 15, don't know if they would still do that. Grocery stores will usually hire baggers at 15. I know 2 people who went from baggers to store managers by their mid 20s with room to move up more.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I didn't see the first part of the question but ...

Around here, a 15 year old can only work with a work permit; 16 is the norm/legal age. As a result, many employers are hesitant to hire anyone under 16. My son went through this so he did odd jobs (mowing lawns, babysitting, etc.) and worked through a program in our town where people in need of services would call others who signed up through the program to offer services (shoveling snow, light housekeeping, etc.). Someone would call my son from a list they were given and they would tell him what they needed done. If he could manage it from a scheduling standpoint (it could not interfere w/school), he would negotiate a price and do the job. Many of the people who called were elderly. He made a little bit of money and helped folks who needed it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I agree, at 15 you pretty much have to get a job with Mom.. so its like mom is working and you are being paid to take orders from mom and babysat at the same time. Look for a place with a close family friend that can put in a good word for you
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• at 15 I don't think you can get a job- other than babysitting for neighbors or working with family
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My daughter is 14 and is also looking for a job. Where we live the only employers we've found so far that hire under 16 are the local grocery stores. They hire 14 and 15 year olds to bag and carry out groceries. Many employers are reluctant to hire under 16 because there are many more restrictions on the types of work and the hours that kids that age can legally work. Babysitting and helping neighbors with various chores are also options, but I prefer that my daughter be at a business with some supervision.  If you're in/near a farming community hoeing weeds might also be an option.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• A lot of grocery stores will hire 15 year olds. When I was a manager at Applebee's we hired a 15 yo, but only because she was the child of a friend of the GMs - you know anyone who's in management somewhere?

Answer by missanc at 10:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• thats good news I'll lokk into that too. if she tells me she 's interested. thanks.for your help.as well.
    incarnita

Comment by incarnita (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Mcdonalds does.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 3:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• OK THANKS
    incarnita

Comment by incarnita (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I worked a t 15,back then because i was underage i had to have a permit plus they could pay me what they wanted as i was not of age,so when the wage was 2.55,i got 50 cents an hour...yeah real fair right.?Did not last long.Thank goodness but 15 year olds workall the time.We were offered in high school a certain class that if you would get a job,you got credited 3 credits for that class rather than 1.So yeah we all got jobs at 15.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011