What do you

Feed you preschoolers that is healthy...not boxed or processed?

I want to get my kids eating better and need some ideas.....:)

tomsbrandi

Asked by tomsbrandi at 7:14 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Everything. My preschooler doesn't eat any boxed or processed foods. You can easily leaarn to make most anything that comes from a box yourself. He loves raw fruits and veggies. For lunch he eat whole wheat tortilla rolls with turkey and real cheese(not american). I make him grilled cheese with good cheeses on whole wheat bread. He likes yogurt and granola. For snacks he likes ants on a log(celery with peanut butter and raisins) or carrot sticks and ranch. There are so many things you can feed kids without turning to the bad foods.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• A lot of grocery stores now have lunches available that are organic and less processed, that mighht work well. Also, they have the small bites carrots with dip in most stores...in the prodice area. There are also organic juice and milk boxes available. try checking out your grocrery stores organic section...or if there is a Whole foods anywhere near your area, it is a wonderful store.
    hbbuck

Answer by hbbuck at 7:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• fruit...fruit and green smoothies.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• We just made it a point to buy fresh, and organic when affordable. Also, I started my kids out on plain yogurt (not vanilla) and added fresh fruit for sweeteners. If you give them healthy food, they really learn to seek it out. All of my kids choose healthy snacks when given the chance.
    I've also switched where I shop to an online store that makes healthier snacks and has affordable cleaning and bath and body products that don't have chemicals that cause allergies, cancer, central nervous system issues. That way I feel like I'm taking care of their insides through food and through harmful chemicals for their skin and lungs. It feels good to give our kids the best!
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 6:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My boys like dried fruit for a treat. Dried pineapple is so sweet. They love apricots etc
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2008