So i'm confused about my BFN (UGH)

I took a test last week and saw a faint line and didnt think anything of it and just thru the test out being disappointed it was a BFN. Well after reading and seeing some test on the site my faint line might have been a great thing but this morning i tood another test and there was NO faint line but AF is 2 days late. I didnt use my first morning pee and i dont know that i even peed on the stick long enough. Do i still have a chance ?

JPatton

Asked by JPatton at 9:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes. I would take another test in a couple days (first morning pee) your hcg levels double every 2-3 days. Good luck :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The instructions are on the package for a reason. If it says first morning urine, it is because there is a higher concentration of HcG making it easier to detect at an earlier date.

You can always pee into a cup and dip the test into it if you are worried about not peeing on it for long enough.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:01 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Thank you for the Tips Balagan, see this is my issue i get up and down all night long peeing, so would my first morning pee but at 4 am when i wake up or would it be when i acutally get out of bed a 7 am ??? i prob get up and pee 3 times a night. so which would be considered my first morning pee ??
    JPatton

Comment by JPatton (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• IF you don't get your period being a week late, go to the $ store and get one, they really work, i never POAS with any of my kids, and they work just as good. Even tomorrow morning try the $ store one and see what happens, LET me know cause i'm excited for you! even though i don't know you!!!
    those two lines are a blessing!
    steph_twins

Answer by steph_twins at 10:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Test again tomorrow morning with first morning urine. It may just be that your hCG levels aren't high enough to detect otherwise! Try to wait 4-5 hours inbetween urinating (trust me, I know that can be difficult!). Good luck!!!
    Danda08

Answer by Danda08 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Steph_Twins i'm new to this sight how can we be friends and i'll keep you updated :) I'm going to the $ store after work LOL
    JPatton

Comment by JPatton (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm new to this sight too, and TTC, I have no idea who you are (like i said above) however, doesn't mean i can't support people who are TTC, i've very supportive and weary about these sights-- There are rude people out there and this is my 1st time charting, OPK's so i ask some stupid questions, and people can be ugly....

Good luck..

steph_twins

Answer by steph_twins at 10:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I totally understand what you are saying, someone was sorta rude to me this morning in one of there comments.
    Thank you for being happy for me i hope this month is my month, my and my hubby havent been trying for long but i'm 28 yrs old and i'm ready for a little one ive always wanted and loved kids. if i figure out how to request friends i will be sure to req you :) LOL
    until then thanks for your support and kindness :)
    JPatton

Comment by JPatton (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Try again in a week using fmu and a collection cup. I used to be like clock work - every 28 days. Now, my cycles are so unpredictable they are anywhere from 25-42 days.
    doopey

Answer by doopey at 12:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• what is FMU?
    steph_twins

Answer by steph_twins at 1:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2011