I feel let down!

We planned going to the indoor waterpark near our house today. However, the weather last night kept my hubby and I up until about 4am. Of course I still have to get up with my DD. BUT now he says he doesn't think we should go because he is too tired. Should I be understanding or feel let down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Get his happy butt up and GO. It will be fun whether you are tired or not :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would feel let down but I would understand that it's not much fun to be tired and grumpy when you are with your family. Let him get some sleep and then talk about rescheduling it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I agree with Jademom07. I know I wouldn't be able to function if I was up until 4 AM. Weather has been crazy everywhere. Right now I can feel our house shaking from the wind
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I can see both sides-- I can see why you would feel let down about plans changing and I can also see why he would be tired and not feel like doing the water park. Could you come up with a compromise of some sort? Maybe let him sleep in and go to the water park later in the day, or could you and DD go without him (let him sleep) and then you do something with him when he wakes up? Or could you and DD go and he meet you there later? I hope everything works out.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• It's okay to feel let down. Unfortunately though while he is sleeping you still get to take care of your DD. This is one of those things that gets to me so I might just be grumpy about it but he could still catch some rest and go to the outing you had planned. He won't always be able to get out of doing something because he didn't get enough sleep.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Make sure it's still there! The storms were crazy last night! He'll change his mind when he wakes up more. Tell him to take a nap

Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Let down and so will your child. We all have to do things when we're tired. If you can't convince him to go take the child by yourself. Have Fun!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• The weather also keep me and my husband up till 4! He is still in bed I'm up with DS I would feel sad but, I'm sure you will get a chance to go again and its always better when everybody is rested real good so everybody cna have a good time!
    x3.babymama.x3

Answer by x3.babymama.x3 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I honestly can't see why you would want to go after being up till 4am then having to get up with the little one! But I don't do well with hardly any sleep anymore.

Can you take young one by yourself since you still want to go, or do you all have to go?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Make it a mommy/daughter day! Give him a day to relax and sleep in and you can all go together next time!
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 1:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2011