My 3 year old is gonna kill me.

Literally. I think i'm going to have a heart attack, she's terrible in public, always wants everything, cries 24/7, she'll cry for hours non stop just so she can leave the house, or she wants to eat something specific we dont have, or she wants to walk outside in the cold with a tanktop and shorts. if i say no to any of these, she'll throw everything in sight, and cry all day, i'm dying here. really need advice, she has a baby sister and its so hard to control both!

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter was like that to a degree. I would just put her in her room, and let her cry there. I tried really hard not to cater to their fits. Best of luck hun, this too shall pass
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You are gonna have to embarrassed her in public and while at home give her time out when she wants her way and stick to it or she will continue to act out
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm so sorry what your going through, but beleive it or not it will pass. My now 4yr old was a great baby and even a great 2yr old and then when she hit 3yrs old OMG so turned in to a brat and would throw tantrums for hours, throw things and break things i thought i would die of stress, then she hit 4yrs old and matured, and i get how it is to have another baby too to deal with i have a younger one to that is 1yr younger and a older one besides her. Now she is so sweet, when she would yell at me i always retailiated and yelled back ( that was my big mistake) when i stoped yelling back and just leaving her in her room if my patience was running low untill she stoped, she eventually got the point that ( mommy don't platy that). another thing i started ayr ago and still use today is the counting game when she was throwing a fit i would tell her if you stop and let me count i will listen to u and we can talk, and i would count 10
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 10:02 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• when you go out, if she cries leave.. if shes good, remains seated, etc she gets to stop at the gumball machine of toys.. also invest in a double stroller works amazing for me.. (i have a three year old and 4 month old).
    be firm though.. as soon as she starts walk out, back to the car until shes calmed down. if she cries at home try time outs.. make sure youmake going out a treat, not a part of life for her. (for things like shopping for her or eatting out.)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:04 AM on Apr. 28, 2011