Threatened Miscarriage??? adult content

My question is if anyone has been through this?? We just found out last Tuesday that we were expecting again!! We are super excited to make our already 14 month old son Nolan a big brother! But I was frightened yesterday when i started spotting around 12 noon....thought nothing of it until I went to work later that night and was bleeded what I concidered heavy and a light bit of clotting (or so I thought) so we went to the ER and was there 4 hours for them to tell me that it was normal and to increase my fluid intake and to take it easy and the amount of blood that he saw was only concidered as spotting.......soooo I'm wondering if anyone has went through this at all and if so was everything ok? Did you miscarry??? I'm just concerned if I can do something to prevent this.....and to have a healthy pregnancy...also we aren't exactly sure how far along we are we are guesstimating 4 to 6 weeks.......thanks for all your help it will be appreciated!

BlondieNC85

Asked by BlondieNC85 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They call any problems in the beginning a "threatened miscarriage" especially when you go to the ER. Rest and relax and drink lots of water! I hope everything turns out ok!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I did.. lost the pregnancy. put yourself on bedrest for a few days and see if it helps. feet up, relaxed.. not moving unless you have to, no stairs.. just take it very easy!!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Ok....thanks ladies.....it just baffles me to be bleeding this much and the doc say 'its ok'.........and he only conciders it spotting.......
    BlondieNC85

Comment by BlondieNC85 (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I did go through this. Actually for 15 weeks of my current pregnancy. I bled horrible for those 15 weeks, scared me to death. Talk to your OB about it. When they do your physical they can try to figure out where the bleeding is coming from. My cervix was bleeding due to it being super sensitive. Try not to worry yourself, but do take it easy. Drink lots of water. Good luck mama!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Oh and I am now 19 weeks pregnant almost 20. Had my ultrasound yesterday and she is perfect :) fiesty little thing actually.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My sister spotted through her whole pregnancy. They kept telling her everything looked fine couldn't explain the spotting..She ended up in labor at 23 weeks She had him. He lived one month. For whatever reason he didn'tattach to the wall like he should have so she ended up abrupting. SO if this is something that keeps on happening get to a specialist..But I do know that with some people it is not uncommon to spot a few times during early pregnancy. I did. It's just not something that should happen the whole time obviously

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I spotted literaly spotted with my 14 month old for the first 3 months like when I would of had a period...this is just nerve wracking and scary....I'm trying to take it easy(not an easy task with a 14 month old) also a stay at home momma well I'm going to try and wish for the best thank you all very much for your help!
    BlondieNC85

Comment by BlondieNC85 (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I understand the not being able to fully take it easy. My OB told me to take it easy and I laughed. I have a 3 year old and a 20 month old. I tried not to pick them up if I didn't need to, when I would clean I would take several breaks, and during nap time I would relax and watch a movie or read a book. Once the bleeding stopped I picked up my normal routine again. I will keep you in my prayers :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Awww very happy everything for you Amber is working out and it sounds as if you have your hands full! Thanks for everything to you all it is greatly appreciated.....send good vibes my direction please and hope it all works out for the best and better for all of us.....
    BlondieNC85

Comment by BlondieNC85 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i had a miscarrige due to me being on meds for my anxity attacks but one of my old friends had a regular period her first month
    Marie111348

Answer by Marie111348 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2011