So i just tried to make an appointment w/ my gyno dr b/c i think i may have a yeast infection and they told me they only see patients if ur pregnant for a yeast infection! and to go to a pcp does that make sense to anyone b/c it doesnt to me

aprilrb81

Asked by aprilrb81 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Health

• it means you have to make an appointment with your normal doctor who will refer you to GYN if need be. They have limited appointments and hate wasting visits on people who don't need them and because they can't judge over the phone everyone get the same treatment.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:05 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Most of the cures for yeast infections are now available over the counter, so that may be the reason they don't see patients for it. Walmart has them--Monistat and even store brand--in the section with other feminine products.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Probably insurance reasons....good luck! Vagisil makes a home test, CVS and Walgreens carry it.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:06 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• They sell a test at the drugstore that will tell you if it is a yeast infection or not,, if so Monistat will clear it right up, if negative, you need to call them back and tell them,,it is due to insurance reasons probably, but completely treatble with over the counter stuff, but if your test say negative please call them back!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I have never heard of a doctor doing that. But hey everyones policies always change
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011