My husband says he's not sure if he wants to be a dad anymore

He's going through a hard time right now so I honestly don't know if he means what he says. I don't know what to do :( We have two little boys ( 3 yrs and 8 mths)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• give him some space. suggest he talk to someone about it (someone not related or a friend)
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• What? he can't return the kids and he will stop being one? if only this could be done, a lot would bail out this way.

Answer by older at 10:13 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I say that too from time to time the pressure is awful..give him a break to breathe every once and awhile and assure him he's doing a good job thats all you can do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Wow thats a little selfish of him to say that hun. How old is he? Is he young? I know what you mean my sons dad is hard to be around for him too.... But all you can do is be thee best mommy you can be!!!! Thats what were there for hun!!!!! Women become parents thee moment there pregnant most men dont become fathers until after they see there child even then some dont step up!!!!
    ZARYUS_MOMMY

Answer by ZARYUS_MOMMY at 10:14 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Too f*&%ing late dontcha think?
    I don't understand why men can look at parenthood as something they can do on a voluntary basis.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm sorry but he needs to man up and continue to be a dad to these boys....I don't care what he's going through...Only my opinion...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I've said it plenty of times, being a single mom of 2. When times get hard, I said I just want to give up, I don't want to be a mom anymore. I don't mean it, and never will. I love my kids with everything I have inside of me. Give him some space, space to think, unwind and just relax and vent. It's hard being a parent, hardest job we'll ever have to do, but it's also the best one.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm sorry, that was harsh. I don't have the whole story...
    I'm just pissed at your husband for you I guess
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 10:18 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• lol, mine did that after we had THREE kids! I think it just scares them. Like they can stop being a dad! He'll come around.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:19 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• What does he expect you to do? Put an ad up for the kids on craigslist?
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:21 AM on Apr. 28, 2011