Do u think kids ages 12-15 needs privacy on Facebook?

Would U as a parent check on ur kids facebook wall/inbox and friends to see what they are doing? and Who they are chatting with?
Would ask them to give u their Password...or is that too deep?

johnsonbaby03

Asked by johnsonbaby03 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• If my children were still home and at those ages, I would not allow them to even be on Facebook, except maybe through my own account. And I would have to seriously think about even that!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Of course I would. At that age they dont need privacy!
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No way too deep. I have all my kids passwords and go into their pages. Really they are not supposed to have a fb cause of their ages so it's under me anyways.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Kids, under my roof, do not need privacy. It's my home, my rules. You are the parent, if you don't like anything they are doing, you have the right to end it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• They absolutely don't need privacy at that age. They shouldn't be writing anything on FB that they'd need to hide.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Uh no,they dont need privacy at that age.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Hell no they don't need privacy - they need supervision. My kids WILL give me their passwords so I can make random checks, or they won't have facebook. They can have all the privacy they want when they are 18 and move out of my house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I will have all of their passwords and be on their friends list.. their profile will be locked down so that anyone not on their list can't see jack!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• They need some privacy at that age yes. Sorry but who really wants to know their child masturbates etc. However, I would not allow my dd to have an FB account until I could trust her to use it properly. I don't even think that 12-15 year olds are allowed on FB according to the rules of the site though...
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 10:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My son has a facebook to play games like farmville and fishworld, I didn't know he had one because my uncle set it up and I was very angry when I found out. He was adding my friends and people he didn't know so I deleted that account and started a new account for him and told him he has to ask me if its ok before he adds anyone. I explained to him the importance of not adding people he didn't know and he was ok with it. I have his password and he is on my friend list on my profile.
    Tifferoo3

Answer by Tifferoo3 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2011