my sisters kid

ok so my sisters little girl will be freaking out when her mom or dad holds her then i will walk over and pick her up and she will stop my mom says its cuz im pregnant and that she know it and just want to be close (my sisters kid is only 3 months old) is that normal that she does and and wut do u think is the reason she does that?

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be that she likes you. I have a pregnant friend that holds my LO and she freaks out--I think we may have a case of stranger anxiety though. Just enjoy it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• well it really upsets my sister and makes her feel like a bad mom and also when she first came home from the hospitle i was the only one who could get her to go back to sleep
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I dont think its because you are pregnant. I think you might be very calm. thats what babies fell no matter how old they are...

there was a day when i was really nervous about something and my daughter wouldnt stop to whine. My mom, who is always calm and relaxed (unless she just came from work lol) took her on her arm and immediately she would stop crying.

You are pregnant and probably very happy, a baby can feel that if you are happy/calm/satisfied ect. if they dont feel that, they you can rock them for hours and it wont help at all.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• feel*... not fell.. lol sorry
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I agree with the PP that said it could be because you're calmer when the baby is freaking out. I know that my daughter would get frustrated with me while I was frustrated with her and we would just build on each other. A crying baby can get you frustrated...a baby being held by a frustrated person is going to recognize it as not being "right" and not feel comforted. When someone outside the situation comes in, it makes it better for both the baby and the mom.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2008