Were any of the gender predictions from your ultrasounds wrong? And how did you react?

With my first I didn't want to know what I was having (girl).

With my second they said I was having a girl and I did have a girl.

I'm pregnant with my third and they say it is another girl.

My SIL found out a week before they delivered that the baby they thought was a girl at her 20 week ultrasound was a BOY, and she was devastated and mad. She cried for days, refused to buy anything for a boy until they were at the hospital, etc. I love her to death, but I think she took it a lot harder than I would if the tech was wrong.

It is her first baby though, so that probably has a lot to do with her major reaction to the news.

Everyone is different, but I guess I just think of it as they are giving me their very best guess and they're usually right, but you won't know for certain until you're holding your baby.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:38 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would take it just as hard. we didn't know what we were having until 2 weeks before my oldest was born. there is just so much more cool and cute stuff to buy for girls than boys :-(
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Not yet... three for three. Had the tech tell me a girl at the 21 wk and just had an US to verify head position and they stated she's still a girl!! lol.. so, hopefully they are right because I have a lot of dresses hanging in her closet!
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 10:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• nope not me with my first they told me at 19 weeks it was a girl and indeed i had a girl, i am pregnant now and i had my ultrasound at 19 weeks and they told me it was a boy and i went back for another ultrasound at 23 weeks and yep for sure a boy!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Yep, our 2nd was supposed to be a boy - we swore we saw boy parts, u/s tech saw boy parts, midwife saw boy parts. 18 weeks later, out popped a girl. I don't remember how I felt, other than flabbergasted - we had no girl name, no girl stuff at the hospital, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• nope they said i was having a girl and i did...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• With my 1st I was told that it was a girl around 20 weeks. Luckily I didn't really believe it, I had thought from the beginning that I was having a boy. I had another ultrasound at 28 weeks and it was indeed a boy. I wasn't upset because I had never really believed it was a girl anyways. My sister was upset though because she had bought a ton of girl stuff. lol
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 1:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• they been right with all 3 of mine so far
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011