So tired and feeling stupid, having trouble looking up what should be easy information, please help me!

I know there are some google queens on here - I thought I was one but for the love of pete I am struggling with this one. Okay, we got our town's water report yesterday, and the lead amount is kind of scaring me - it says that out of 0-6, ours is at 5 - now I apologize for not having the terms they used for it all, but DH moved the letter and I can't find it now, grrr. Anyway, the lead in the water is supposedly from deteriorating house pipes around town (doesn't make sense to me but whatever). So, can anyone help with this - how much lead is considered unsafe, should I be worrying, should I get a filter & what kind, and most important - what happens when kids get too much lead - mine are weird and I want to know if it's related! (But if it makes a difference, they've always had tap water and their lead tests were always fine - but the town also switched water sources a few years ago.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Kids' Health