Helpful tips in caring for a child with ADHD

carmel_cream5

Asked by carmel_cream5 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• remove the white flour and sugar completely from their diet.
    Anonymous

• I agree w/ PP and also stop vaccinations and add the vitamin B6 to your childs diet. Vitamin B6 has been studied and published in the "The Journal of Biological Psychiatry".

sources: The 100 Year Lie by Randall Fitzgerald pg 145, & Vaccines:Are they Safe & Effective by Neil Z Miller
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I strongly disagree with the 2nd poster. You set reasonable limits. You set an organized schedule..same thing everyday, same time. You encourage, you praise..you find things they are successful at so they can build self-esteem. Use a chip/reward system to reinforce appropriate behavior. Yes, I've been there.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My 8 year old has ADHD and I don't think that a schedule is the answer at all. I agree with Loa1002. However, I'd concentrate on adding OMega-3s. I have done my best to teach her appropriate behavior and she is doing well now.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2008