How do you make you're steak juicy when you have NO time to marinate???

Its My anniversary tonight so i want to splurge and make SO a nice steak dinner but i will not have time to marinate them... What do you do to make your steakes juicy and what kind do you buy???barbecuing

kylansmommy09

Asked by kylansmommy09 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Not healthy, but delicious:

Melt 1 Tbs. butter per steak in oven safe pan. Season steaks as desired, and put in melted butter on med-high heat for about 3-4 minutes per side to sear. Spoon pan juiced over and broil 5-6 minutes per side (basting between sides), depending on thickness, until steak is just rarer than you prefer it. It will continue cooking as it rests.

Remove steaks to warm plate, and cover loosely with foil. Return pan to stovetop and add about a cup of wine of your choice. Bring to boil, scraping fond from pan as it heats. Cook liquid until reduced to about 1/3 c.; whisk in 1 T. butter, and pour over steaks.

If you like them, cook garlic cloves or onions with steaks in pan. Tastes GREAT!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Sear the outside and then reduce the heat to cook the inside slowly. Searing it will keep the juices inside.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Make sure I buy a good quality grass-fed and well-marbled steak like a ribeye or porterhouse.

CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• we did the same thing for our anniversary that just passed :) however i marinated them for 30 minutes in teriyaki sauce. do you have time for 30 minute marinades? you could even marinate in italian dressing for 30 minutes before grilling.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• toss a lid over it while cooking! Add some butter to the bottom of the pan, season both sides with your favorites and call it good
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Oh and a little trick that I learned from my mom...if you have a vacuum sealer, you can put the marinade in the bag, add the steak and seal it up for only 10 minutes and the sealing action will draw the marinade into the meat.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I buy KC strip or ribeye, I got one of those meat injector things, and put the marinade right in the steak,, be careful thought the first time I squirted my self in the eye,, LOL! You should always start with a steak that is not super cold, about 20 minutes out of the fridge should do it, and make sure you get a sear on both sides, then before you serve it let it rest for about 10 minutes before you cut it,,now I am hungry,, LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:00 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I never flavor/marinade my steaks. Salt n pepper n EVOO, toss em in a hot pan, 5 min a side then finish them on the oven (I use stainless cookware, can't do it in non-stick)
    Amomand4kids

Answer by Amomand4kids at 4:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• If you have 30 minutes, drizzled with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh chopped garlic (make sure to season both sides). Let sit at room temp for 30 minutes and then grill. Even the cheapest cut of steak will come out tender. I learned this from the food network.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My husband uses McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning and he pounds it before putting on the grill. He also says you only turn a steak one time. He said you cook one side for like five to six minutes and then the other side for a minute less. He also makes the best steaks in the world. ;)
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011