Tornadoes in NC

Anyone else get hit with a tornado last night? Were alright thankfully but we had one touch down very very close to my home.

Asked by gemgem at 11:08 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• So glad you are safe. The devastation is heartbreaking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• yeah it tore through Alabama yesterday and again last night, alot of damage and 131 people confirmed dead
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We're about to get hit by some nastiness coming out of FL (I live in coastal SC)... Under a Tornado Watch for now, we'll see. I have friends/fam in NC who were hit hard yesterday. Stranger yet, my brother lives in Corning, NY and they not only had unseasonably warm weather (upper 80's) for this time of year, but as a result of the clashing systems actually had a tornado- Which, is not unheard of, but extremely rare.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:12 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We were woken at 3am by sirens and phone calls. We do get watches here often, and even small tornadoes but last night it was really bad. I have never been in a storm quite like it. It came on so quickly and then left like someone turned off a switch. As it turns out though we were in the path of the tornado but our house was not hit directly. So maybe that is why. I did have a flat tire this morning I guess something punctured my tire because it is on the side of the tire.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• now the death toll is over 200. very sad here in Alabama
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Glad you made it through safely. We've had several bad storms roll through Arkansas recently, but nothing has *knock on wood and wood related products* come dangerously close to our home.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 9:06 PM on May. 6, 2011