Is this normal?

When I was 10yrs old my grandmother (mom's mom) died. Her husband (step-grandfather) was an alcoholic. He was beating her to death. She died two days after he was beating her and she fell on a stone oven with her head.

She died on august 14th 1994. He never got judged for it. He said she was drunk and fell. She became an alcoholic to "heal" the pain from his beating. She always had bruises on her whole body. I saw them with my own eyes.

But she still was a great grandmother. She did everything she could for me and my brother.

She is gone since 14years and i just cant get over it. Sometimes i only hear her name and i start crying. I -STILL- miss her so much. There is barely a day when i dont think about her. Will this ever go away? I love to think about her. But this sadness is what bothers me. She was only 47years old when she passed away. I dont know why i cant get over it. Any advice on how to live with it?! :(

m.robertson811

Asked by m.robertson811 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• i think it is a matter of dealing with the pain. you probably won't ever "be over it" but just figure out some ways to work with all the pain you feel. in this case it is probably because her death was untimely and at the hands of someone else. you might even seek some counseling to deal with this. i hope you can find peace.
    momofasweetie

Answer by momofasweetie at 7:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• yes def counseling and closure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You dont have to confront him, but write him a letter stating how he left her for dead and how you feel ..you dont have to give it to him ,,tear it up,,,,but tit is done and i bet you feel better!!!!!
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i came back to see if you got any more replies....well if u need to talk ..im here
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2008