Fearing for a friend right now...

I met her here on cafemom a few years ago, and we've expanded our friendship a little - to facebook, Christmas cards, etc. Yesterday she was mentioning the weather on facebook (she's in Alabama), how bad it was there...and today there's nothing from her, multiple people have written on her facebook that they've tried calling, etc, but they can't get ahold of her or anyone else in her family. I have NO way besides facebook to get ahold of her (she's deleted her cafemom account). I'm really worried about her family now, she's young, has 3 young kids...any other ideas how I can "find" her, or find out info? (I apologize for putting it in this category, I didn't know where else to put it.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh - and she usually accesses facebook via her phone, so even without electricity she could unless her phone died. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'd imagine that the power is out in most parts there. try not to worry toooooo much. Hopefullt they are safe and when she is able to connect again by computer she will give you an update.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 11:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Keep hope that she and her family are ok.

Could be that utilities are down right now.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You have her address, maybe call the local police department? Or go online and look up what damage may have occured in her area, I'm so sorry though. I know they had terrible tornadoes there yesterday.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:29 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• If you have an address from Christmas cards I would wait until later this evening and if she is not online or anything then ask the PD there to do a well check.

Answer by gemgem at 11:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• There is a women that works in my building and she is from there, she told me that there are thousands of people without power this morning. I would keep watching the news and keep checking her facebook account and see if she post something
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i am so sorry, that is very scary! i would just keep checking her facebook, if she doesnt get on by tonight maybe get a hold of the PD an ask if they would check on her.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:39 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• http://tuscaloosa.myfoxal.com/news/news/please-help-find-these-missing-people/78839,

https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php

These are just a few of the locator sites, there are others you can visit also. I have a sister in Bham that says phones and internet are sporadic right now.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 11:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Now I'm worrying more - she's between 2 towns, and from what I've managed to find, one of those towns is in really really bad shape - I can't find any info on the town she's close to though. But, I did remember that we have a business associate in that town so if worse comes to worse, we'll either hear it via the company how he's doing, or DH can call him (last resort though, to call him directly).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My guess is that her phone is out of power, and maybe her house is too so she cant re charge it? Hope for the best!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011