Spin off on good touch/bad touch

This isn't a question. More of me sharing a story in hopes that this doesn't happen to any of you.

My 14 year old nephew was living with us because his dad didn't take care of him. After awhile he did not want to live by our rules and went to live with another family member. He had been gone about a year when my dd then 5 came and climbed into my lap and told me the most horrifying story any mom wants to hear.

While our nephew was still living with us he would go into her room and force her to suck on his penis. Her exact words were he made me put his boy pee pee in my mouth. This happened on multiple occasions. He is now in jail.

Please please talk to your kids early. Tell them what is okay and not okay. She is eight now and still has issues with it. We have been through therapy. She is okay though. She is a happy kid. But it is the worst feeling knowing that you were not able to protect your baby. He had told her if she told anyone he would kill us all. Make sure that your kids know that you will be protected if they ever need to tell you something like this. She was only four when it started. She didn't know. We hadn't had the conversation with her.

She came out of the blue and told us and it broke our hearts. She is probably way more educated than need be at that age. But after what happened to her I feel she needs to be.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sorry it happened to your dd,that just broke my heart. Thanks for the info
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I am so sorry to hear this. How heart breaking. I was molested by my "step father" for several years, so I can understand.

I just re talked the talk yesterday. I do it quite frequently, I just don't know what I would do if they had to experience even a fraction of what I did.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:41 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Im soooo sorry you had to go thru this!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I am so sorry that this happened to your family. It breaks my heart to see this. Im praying for you.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 11:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I'm so sorry and thank you for sharing. This gave me the chills and I could not imagine how you must have felt when she told you. He is lucky jail is all that he got, cause us moms will do anyhting for our babies. I'm glad she is doing the best that she can be. People can be so sick and it makes me so mad. But you did the right thing. I will talk to my son cause I have not either. Thank you.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 11:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Thanks. I try to tell my story often. Not for sympathy. But to prevent it from happening to someone else. It sucks not to trust family members....They should be the ones we can trust.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• OH shaken.. thank you so much for sharing that ever so painful story with us/my post so we can try to prevent this from happening to our children.. This breaks my heart and its one of my greatest fears which is why I feel so strongly about needing to talk to my son about it.. I tell him probably 3 times a week, since he is in daycare, You always tell Mommy and Daddy anything, never be scared to talk to us ok.. but at 3-1/2 I just fear what that means to him and what others could say to prevent him from telling us.. !! I am so sorry about what happened to your family.. I have a niece who is 11 and even though she's like a Daughter to me, I am still scared of the "what if" because of stories like this.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• OMG! i'm so sorry what happened to you and your poor baby girl. I have 2 girls 3 and 4yrs old and thank you for sharing this testomony with us all, you probuly wont ever know how many people you have helped, including me as i will be talking with my girls asap. thank you and God Bless you hun
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 11:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Oh Shaken when I read this I almost threw up! I am so proud of you for taking action! I hope that she will not be traumatized by this, and what an awful thing to happen,,give her a hug from me,, and thanks for sharing!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• How awful for you both. Thanks for sharing with the hope it will help others. I'm sorry this happened.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2011