So do you think Trump was being racist with the whole "Get off the basketball court and get on the phone" comment?

Honestly, with that comment I don't think he was. Because he was referring to the president actually playing basketball and not taking a jab at his race. He does play basketball doens't he? And if Obama told Trump to get off the golf course and start creating more jobs instead of firing people for them, would that have sounded racist? It wouldn't to me.

I hate Trump and I think his whole "birther" argument was just a jab at the president, but I don't think his comments are racist.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 11:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think he was being racist - just an attention monger.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No besides Trump voted for Obama
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No, Obama likes basketball and is always playing basketball. Thats just dumb to think that.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• nah...i don't think it was racist. I do think trump is an attentions whoring idiot though....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:48 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• He has made some racist remarks but I don't think that one was specifically.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No, it was not racist,but you can bet the Obama minions will go all OJ on it,and pull the race card! I respect Trump,and the fact that his whole thing with the birth certificate, he used his OWN money,and NOT the taxpayers. Too bad Obama can't say the same.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No. Obama likes to play basketball. I think it would have been more appropriate to say 'get off the golf course', but whatever. Everything isn't racist. It never was. Calling it racist is, in fact, more racist than the original comment.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• No. Google news Obama, Basketball. He has either been playing basketball, golf or planning basketball parties, or talking about games .... If basketball was not a part of Obama's life~ then I would question trump. But on this? No.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• DT is attention driven, nothing more, nothing less.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:52 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Of course not. Obama plays basketball almost as much as he golfs. So.......
    I laughed when I heard Whoopie going all nuclear about it. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 28, 2011