Pacifier?

Has anyone taking away the pacifier and the crying gotten okay for a few days, and then terrible again around day 5? Just curious or has it gone longer. So far she has followed what her pedi said she would and she said that it would take about 5 days. Just wondering if anyone else had a different experience?

coala

Asked by coala at 7:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol..with my daughter it didn't get better and then get worse...it stayed awful for a full 2 weeks and I wanted to crack so many times and just give it back to her. Its something you just have to muscle through and it STINKS.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I took my daughter's away at 5 months and it took about three bad days before she forgot about it. She started sucking her thumb though so that may be why it was a shorter period. By the end of that week I swore I was living in heaven though! I don't think I'll ever give a baby a paci again... I hated that thing. She sleeps so much better without it!
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 12:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• At 12 months we took it from our daughter, threw them all int he trash so we wouldn't give in. One fussy nap time later she was "cured"!! Never needed them again. Hope it gets better for you...

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 4:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i took it away from my son @ 9 mos. it is the best time because they don't even realize it, he just cry that night and i never had problems since.
    NannyPani

Answer by NannyPani at 7:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2008