Do you believe in God or a higher power but not religion?

I believe there may be a God or higher power but am so very against Religion... it seems to tear people apart and all religions that i have heard about turn against all other religions...i thought the point was to love God not hate everyone for believing in different ways

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 11:52 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I believe in God, but I believe in the devil too and I think the devil created religion to divide us so we kill one another. That's what I think. I mean, name me one good thing religion has contributed to? Name an era in history where religion created peace. It never has and never will. People will constantly argue about it, go to war over it and die believing in it. I think it's the work of the devil. Religion divides people, God unites people.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:55 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I am against religion, after all they are man made right? I have always had a personal relationship with God and it has served me well.

Answer by older at 11:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i belief in a higher order, and i believe religion is the root of all evil
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• "Without religion, we'd have good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."-Stephen Weinburg
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would consider this spiritual but not religious.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Im a Christian and I believe we should respect others regaurdless of their religion. I believe people tear people apart not religion. There are those that cannot accept it for whatever reason so they talk bad about that person, religion ext. Just like rose who cannot accept gays. I think whatever you do is your decision as long its not hurting anyone else.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I believe in God! God is my Savior.. My SO believes in a higher power.. hes not religious but knows there must be something or something(s)

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Well first off it is hard to not beleive in religion since it very obviously does exist but you can easily not agree with it. I personally am a pantheist and while I never had a horrible experience with the church, after minoring in religious studies at college I learned way too much about religions in general and really grew to dislike organized religion. Personally I feel that all relgions with a higher power in it (be it christian, pagan , etc.) are worshipping the same thing just in different ways.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Well religion clearly exists so of course I accept that fact, whether I agree with it or follow it, NO I don't but I don't believe in God either.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I believe in God and Goddess. but I would say I'm more spiritual than religious. I dont really care for organized religion all that much. and I completly agree with what Aeneva said about all relgions with a higher power in it are worshipping the same exact thing just in many different ways(and different names. I believe that all Gods are one God and all Goddesses one Godess).
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2011