Question about anxiety adult content

so i have been having episodes of feeling like everything is shaking but no one else feels it i feel like i am losing my mind i can just be sitting down or laying down is the worst and all of a sudden everything feels like its shaking uncontrollable and i cant breath now i do smoke weed for my anxiety so my husband thought it was that its probably to strong but it started before i started smoking so i just wanted to know has anyone ever heard of this or am i really losing my mind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Health

• Stop the illlegal drug, and see your doctor instead.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 11:59 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I think you should see a doctor and inquire with him, but weed would not do this.

Answer by older at 12:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• MJ doesn't always help with anxiety. In fact, in some people...it can make anxiety worse. You have to take MJ daily for a few weeks for it to help with your anxiety.

Have you ever tried meditation? Try sitting on a chair with an erect spine, try to point your eyes up between the eyebrows (don't strain them though) count to 10 while breathing in deeply so that your belly is full of air...then hold that breath for 10...then breath out for 10. This synchronized breathing really helped me back in the day when i used to suffer from anxiety. Keep doing it until you have calmed down. This strategy works every time...I have been meditating so long that i no longer suffer from anxiety at all.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• yea thanks i really don't need people trying to judge what i do but i have a doctor thank you for no help look if there is no way i wont be bashed then just do answer that was really
    DEDESBABIES

Comment by DEDESBABIES (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• forgot to mention...eating the MJ is what works. Smoking it is no good for your anxiety....it effects the psyche too much.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Pot does cause anxiety in some people while it relaxes others. Maybe it isn't helping you. The pot could be escalating the anxiety you already felt. I would ask your doctor about Xanax or other antianxiety meds. Also look at your food and drink, are you eating too much sugar or caffiene?
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I suffer from anxiety and have NEVER heard of using MJ to treat it. I see a therapist once a week, and work it out that way. Maybe you need to see a Dr, and learn to deal with it the healthy way.
    Like Samurai chica said, meditation works really well. I do that at my therapists office, and at home also.
    Anonymous

• I'm not judging, but self-medicating is not good. You are probably doing more harm than good. Weed causes paranoia and anxiety all the time. You can become dependent on it.
    I am just saying you need to stop this and see a medical professional. Your doctor or maybe even a therapist may help you get to the root of this problem.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i am just going to quit smoking just to rule it out but i just started meditating yesterday not really sure if i am doing it right but i had to find a quiet place a sit for about an hour then i was fine for like a hour but it helped i might try to eat it instead though i have had depression for 12 years and took the medication but its been years i am going to speak with a new doctor hopefully soon i might need it more now i was pretty young when i decided to go off of the zoloft
    DEDESBABIES

Comment by DEDESBABIES (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Meds are all trial and error and if they work for your body changes as you get older, have children, etc.

Making a list of four small things you do for yourself everyday might help you such as taking a hot bath, enjoying ten minutes of quiet with a cup of tea, etc. I had a therapist who asked me to do that once and it helped me carve out some space for myself.

You can also try eating foods known to induce peacefulness like turkey.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2011