What can i do to make sure she flips?

my 27 week u/s says shes breech ... with her feet hands and head all up in my ribs and shes been breech at every u/s so far... so i have to get another one by 34 weeks to see if shes turned ... and if not id like to know some ways i may be able to get her to flip ... cause my doctor wont even attempt a breech birth and i want to avoid a c-section at all costs

nofi1389

Asked by nofi1389 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• TIME TO FIND A NEW DOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Find a new doctor! I don't' know there is anything you can do. Some babies wait to flip till the very end, so if you don't switch doctors, at least wait till you're in labor before you go in. Don't schedule the c-section.

Yes, there are risks with breech births, but if you have a doctor or midwife who knows what they're doing, they can go smoothly. My sister was born breech 14 years ago at a military hospital. That's unheard of, but my step-mom's labor was going too fast for a c-section. Everything was just fine.

Do some research on breech births, arm yourself with knowledge, just in case. :)

Footling breech births are very dangerous, yet it's still possible to do vaginally with no complications.

That's all I know. :) Good luck!
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Wow you aren't far enough along to be worried about that. Some babies don't flip until they are about to be delivered
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Wowsers. Google? I have no idea.
    swizzleday

Answer by swizzleday at 12:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I agree, you have plenty of time for the baby to turn around. But I believe there is something doctors do to try to get them to turn head down closer to time. Do some research on other doctors in the area and what they do for breech babies so after your 34 week if she hasn't turned you can switch docs if it makes you more comfortable
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 12:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i refuse to scedual a c-section unless its schedualed after im 41 weeks i will not let them take her out b4 shes done at 40 weeks
    nofi1389

Comment by nofi1389 (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Well you never know if you're going to make it that long. I just read most deliveries are 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after due date, juts keep that in mind when your trying to decide what to do!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 12:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i will concidering i had dd#1 on her due date im keeping an open mind and will educate myself on a home frank breech birth
    nofi1389

Comment by nofi1389 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011