My daughter who is 7 refuses to wear socks or underwear, any suggetions? I'd like her to wear them at least during school.

marisaminonno

Asked by marisaminonno at 12:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• try a different style and see if that helps?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I agree, try a different style, maybe the kind she has bothers her.
    Or maybe come to a compromise with her. When you're home with no company, she can get away with that, but not when people are over or when she's leaving the house.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Tell her that if she doesn't wear underwear that she could get an infection in her privates & she'll have to go to the Dr.

Tell her if she does not wear socks, then her feet will stink real bad & other people will be able to smell it & they might think she is stinky.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Make sure she doesn't hear you say these facts too someone else. If you say she Won't wear them and she hears you, she will belive what she hears. Do not give her extra attention and like the above stated, try new ones ( which you buy without her along) and if she doesn't wear them just make it not sound appealing and leave it at that.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Agree 100% with samurai chica,, as usual,, lol!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• A 7 yr old shouldn't be able to refuse something like that. You're her Mom, so tell her that she will be wearing them no matter what. If she still throws a fit, then tell her she won't go anywhere, not even school. Take away her favorite things ect.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• A 7-year old refuses to.....and you would like her to....indicates that you have a situation where proper concepts of authority, respect, and obedience are sorely lacking. If I were you, I would be looking into the reasons why this is so, and you will probably need some professional help to sort that out. At the very least, I would be consulting with someone who has much experience in dealing with this sort of problem.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Why doesn't she want to?
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Definitely wouldn't be negotiable in my house. Underwear outside the home is mandatory, not open for discussion.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I have a dd(6) who would not wear underwear (I talking total melt down starting at about 1 yo) or anything was snug at her crotch. After looking a bit to see what clothes she considered comfortable I invested in some bloomers. They are full coverage, with the gathered leg, but loose around the rest of the bottom. They are more expensive than panties, so she only has 3 pair, but I have to do laundry every other day anyway.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 1:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2011