My son is 16 months old I can't seem to get him eat meat what should I do?

He eats fine for everyone else but when it comes to mommy feeding him its a fight but Daddys away at the Army and grandma and grandpa all have jobs and it's not there place to feed him anyways but grandma does try to take over when shes home I thought might be the problem but I just can't get him to eat meat everything else he's fine with

Everettsmom163

Asked by Everettsmom163 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my daughter started to eat solids she was able to eat (chew) almost everything. The stuff she couldnt chew i threw it in the blender and mixed it inbetween the other food. Maybe that will help a little. But you need to figure out if he likes the taste of it. Try different meats. If he does like it and just wont eat it because it looks healthy, then put it in the blender. It worked fine with my daughter for the chewing problem. She isnt picky at all with food though.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My granddaughter won't eat meat, vegetables or fruit, and she is a couple months older. The pediatrician said don't worry about it. Peanut butter has protein, eggs, egg noodles, cheese, yogurt. You could try soft hot dogs well cut up.

Answer by Bmat at 7:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My kids didn't really like red meat, like steak, and I assume it's because they don't like it in their teeth. They do like chicken though, and I make theirs with just a little salt and garlic powder. You could try that.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• When my LO needs protein, but won't eat meat, I make sure he is eating cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese. The protein is important, not meat itself. I also put protein powder in oatmeal (you can also buy oatmeal with protein added) and he usually likes eggs as well.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Try letting him have it with ketchup. My daughter doesn't really eat meat either unless I add some to her plate. Honestly though there are ways around meat so if you are worried about protein just make sure he its his beans or peanut butter or something like that.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 7:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2008