Im 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant and bleeding... adult content

i went to the dr about it 2 days ago and asked what ws happening and he did an ultrasound. the heartbeat is strong and the baby is growing but the cramping and bleeding isnt getting better. my dr said he wasnt to concerened because everything looks good. but no inter course (obviously), no heavy lifting and if it gets bad get off my feet.
he said that the placenta is sitting on my cervics and thats why im bleeding. and if it doesnt come off of it then il have to deliver by c-section.

Has anyone had this happen before??? If so, were you put on bed rest??? how far along were you?? please tell me anything you can. ive got 3 other kids to care for so i need to kno what to expect.

mommy630212

Asked by mommy630212 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• One of my best friends bled throughout her first trimester and had the cramping and all the pain. Now she has a beautiful 3 month old son. I wouldn't worry as long as they can hear the heartbeat everything should be fine.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I had placenta previa,, most times it will move up on its own,, but momma, you have to get some help! Hugs!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i would go back in and be checked again once a week!
    Anonymous

• I didn't have placenta Previa but I had the bleeding and cramping at 6 weeks and Im looking right now at a beautiful 15 weeks old boy
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I didn't bleed but my first ultrasound showed my placenta "dangerously low" but I was fine and the next one I had it had risen to where it needed to be and continued to stay there. GL !!!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 12:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would expect to be put on bed rest sweetie. I know it will be hard having kids already but it will be for you and your babys health! Just take it easy and lay around ALOT!! Good Luck sweetie!!
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 2:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i had a bad period the first 3 months with dd1 and she is almost 3 now and when i say bad i mean doubled over crying with cramps
    nofi1389

Answer by nofi1389 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• i was told i had placenta previa when i was around 3-4 months, i had bleeding episodes all the time..i couldnt do anything..i was put on bed rest and no intercourse of course..and they had me going to a specialist for high risk pregnancies, giving me ultrasounds checking the position of the placenta and how baby was doing..i think by 5 and a half-6 months it migrated up and away from my cervix and everything was fine from then on..didnt have any bleeding or anything..and was able to give birth vaginally..shes now about to turn 2yrs old! just take your doctors advice and lay around as much as you can, see if someone can come and help you out with the kids..GL!!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2011