• In the Spotlight:

First wiggly tooth??

Ok I can't really remember because it's been so long, but what can I expect when my daughter loses her first tooth?? She has the two bottom wiggly, and they are getting wigglier every day! I don't want to freak out because I think they bleed, right? Help!

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 7:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Don't try to pull them. Let her wiggle them with fingers or tongue if she wants. Thje looser they are the less it will bleed when the tooth comes out. My 5 yr old granddaughter is right in the middle of double wiggly too. She may need a little tylenol after it comes out. Sometimes the tooth space is tender.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I agree, let them work their way out! I have found that using a tissue or napkin to actually grasp the tooth helps when it is time for it to come out. My son keeps coming to me everyday to see if one of his is ready to go. He's getting ready to lose number 7.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 8:47 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My daughter is 5 and she just lost her first tooth last month. The one right next to it is now loose and she wiggles it with her tongue all the time.
    RandJsmom

Answer by RandJsmom at 9:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Yes, they usually bleed a little bit. And like a PP said, the losser they are the less they will bleed. I always have my kids rinse their mouth with cold water and by the time they spit out the water, the bleeding is done.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 4:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2008