Is there anything to ad to icing to make more of it

I am making 60 cupcakes and I didn't realize I only have 1 thing of icing. I was wanting to know if there was anything that I can ad to the icing that can make more so I will have enough. I don't have any money to get anymore icing until tomorrow, but I can't get it tomorrow because they are going to my dd's school in the monring. I have powder sugar though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I would just make some more it is super easy.

Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would go to allrecipes.com and look up one. Butter, confectioners sugar, some vanilla and milk and you are good to go.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Can you whip the frosting and do them right before you go out the door? Mixing them up really well would at air into the frosting, I have done this , but i loses its whippiness after a couple of hours,, lol,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Hmm, what kind of frosting is it?

Vanilla, put it in a bowl and add about a cup of powdered sugar and 2-4 T. BUTTER plus a bit of vanilla and pinch of salt and beat it all together really well, for several minutes. Add another cup of powdered sugar and a little milk if needed for consistency.

You could do plain chocolate basically the same way, with about a quarter cup of cocoa instead of vanilla.

If it is loose, add more powdered sugar; if it gets too stiff, add a little milk.

Beyond vanilla or chocolate, though, I don't know!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I don't think I would have time to do them right before walking out the door. My youngest goes to preschool at 715 so I have to put her on the bus and then I have to have them ready since she can't take them on the bus dh has to take them to school and he has to do that before he goes to work so he has to have them at the school at 730
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• it is vanilla
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Actually, you could use shortening or margarine in what I posted. I just highly prefer butter. That might not be helpful for the idea of working with what you have, though!! Sorry.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You could try adding some marshmellow maybe a heaping serving spoon full of more.
    zach2

Answer by zach2 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• cream cheese
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• This is a basic butter frosting, made with butter, vanilla, sifted confectioners' sugar, and milk or light cream.
    Ingredients:

* 1/3 cup butter
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 1 pound (3 1/2 cups) sifted confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
    * 3 to 4 tablespoons milk or light cream, or to make smooth and spreadable

Preparation:
    Cream butter, salt, and vanilla, beating with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar gradually, beating after each addition. Add 3 tablespoons milk or light cream, beating until smooth. Beat in more milk until desired spreading consistency is reached and the frosting is spreadable. Makes about 2 1/3 cups of frosting, enough to frost tops and sides of of an 8-inch 2-layer cake or a 10-inch tube or bundt cake, or about 1 dozen cupcakes.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/icingrecipes/r/Creamy-Butter-Frosting-Recipe.htm
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 12:43 AM on May. 1, 2011