My evenflow electric breastpump is CRAP!!! It doesnt have a strong enough suction and its already sounding like its gonna die any day. Ive only had it for 2 months!!! Can anyone suggest one that will last for longer than that? One that would actually work? Keep in mind im on a budget.

becca2715

Asked by becca2715 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had one of those! It died, after very light use for four months. Then I charged the better heavy duty kind ($200). Sorry to say the other ones just don't compare.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 4:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• i had the same problem...lactation nurse suggested lansinoh electric pump...its great and $50 @ wal-mart, just use the silicon rubber thing in the cup for comfort the lansinoh doesnt come with them.
    liv0504

Answer by liv0504 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• i couldnt find a good one. i used a hand pump mostly. the health dept has one that they loan out to people... or at least mine did... all you have to do is call and talk with their lactation specialist.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 5:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I swear by the Medela brand. I have used mine for three pregnancies. I have had it since 2004 and still sounds great. Yes you pay quite a bit more but to me you pay for quality when it comes to the pumps. That is also the brand that hospitals use for rentals.
    Twinnadomom

Answer by Twinnadomom at 10:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Medela
    imasurvivor

Answer by imasurvivor at 11:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Anything by Medela. I bought my Medela Pump In Style ($225!) second hand for $40!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• you can go to WIC and get a very great pump..no matter how much u make, they love breastfeeding moms.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:21 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I got a medela pump four years ago when I had my first son(it was expensive because its a double pump but well worth it. I have lent it out to my sister in law and three friends and now use it for my second son. They have a single pump now that works good too. (My friend just got it cause I need mine. Or if you know someone that has one they are not using just throw it in the dishwasher to sanitize it or a sterilizer.
    Anonymous