Question for spanking moms

This isn't a debate question, so please don't turn it in to one.

If you use spankings for discipline, how often do you actually have to spank? Please answer with the age of your child and the number of times you have to spank per week, month, or year, and then bump the question!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my kids get a single swat to the butt maybe once every 3 days
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My 3 year old get spanked about once a month at the most. My 4 and 5 year old I can't even remember the last time that I spanked them so maybe once a year.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My seven year old got spanked twice yesterday but he had not been spanked since October.... so not often, but it was well deserved.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• 4yo-- Id say maybe 1-2x a week.. Sometimes none..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• my 4 year old, maybe once or twice a month at the most.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I meant to also ask, how often do you threaten to spank as well? I'm wondering how well the threat of a spanking gets them to behave and how often it takes the actually spanking.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Mine are 9 and nearly 10 and to be honest I can't tell you the last time they had a spanking......it's been at least a year (if not more). When they were younger 5 and under I would say it was 1-2 times a month (if not less). We use other forms of disciplines as well, time outs, taking away privileges, etc. They both had a time out yesterday......
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• 9 yr old DD. Honestly I don't remember the last time. None this year I don't think. And no I don't threaten spanking often either. When she was younger it was more. But she's a good kid and doesn't normally get into trouble. I don't use spanking for every little thing though.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Mine gets a pop on the hiney when she does something after i have asked her not too. Husband says she plays harder than i spank. I can't help it, i just can't spank my little darlings. A lot of times after i just pop her, i can get on the her in a stern voice and she will mind me.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 12:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• My 5 year old gets spankings around 3 times a month - we try the whole time out thing first, and if that fails (which it is starting to more and more) then he gets a whooping. Yes, we give 1 warning before the spanking and depending on the severity of the issue it can vary between a single swat on the behind to a pretty good whooping (which doesn't happen very often). Usually 3 swats to a naked butt gets the point across. And like someone said above, sometimes none!
    BryRon

Answer by BryRon at 12:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2011