Restructuring my life - How do you see silver linings in dark clouds?

I'm getting laid off (twice in 2 years) at the end of this week. But there's a silver lining in every dark cloud. My thing, I'm really starting to enjoy being with people than to be in a relation to a computer at work.

My first business (failed) online advertising. (Huge money pit!)
After that I was a bookkeeper that my position was absorbed by the director to cut back on expenses (laid off in other words).
After being a bookkeeper, I was out of work for a while before finding the job (that my position stops this Friday).

Fortunately for me, I have done lots of presentations about income recovery (very ironic? Huh?!). Anyway, I was asked to do a presentation about health insurance.
*Smile*

I'm also applying a job for special projects that is a full-time job! :-)

How do you see silver lining in dark clouds?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 12:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• pray, pray,pray and try to be greatful for what I have
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• So far 3 is the count of jobs loss, actually 2 because the last one was our choice to walk away from. I'm in the middle of bottom lining what we need and doing everything to hold on. Faith and hope with action. Improved skills for better interviews not willing to accept just anything which means we did decide not to go for a few offers, thinking it would be more of what we were doing, It was a contract job that could have ended any time. Finally something came along that was a good fit and gave two weeks notice. Still on edge but working hard to hold on to this one, at least for a year or two. If we should lose again will be in a better place to weather it. My plan is to unplug from all the jobs that use and lose you. Do not even want to be tied down to a 30 year house payment a trap I feel. Gain the world and lose you're soul not an option. If you Know Andrew From touch by angel that is my cloud.

sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• PS This job is full time, benefits and they are trilled to have us. Just do not settled. Last job were shocked to get the two week notice, thought they had us over a barrel.
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• OP, love the way you have been able to see the silver linings! That's something I'm still working on.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 6:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

•   One day at a time, praying, having hope and not despair! A dear friend once told me."When one door closes, God is quick to open a window". If you don't give up, nor will He.   I recall after having my own successful Employment Agency for 14 years, upon coming home my X was laying down out cold next to our baby boy, happily playing with his blocks, his daddy was passed out from drinking an entire bottle of Vodka.  I decided to close my business and God opened a window and I got a job with flexibility to care for my baby boy.   But don't give up...after stormy dark clouds, beautiful rainbows appear as well.   Keep the Hope,Times are tough, but only the strong survive, I'll add a prayer for you. csjoy1  God Bless you and may He open a window real soon, or several, BELIEVE
    csjoy1

Answer by csjoy1 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I just keep plugging along and try not to hold pity parties for myself.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011