UH OH what to do about sisters baby shower?

her soon to be MIL wants to do a surprise shower but its kind of hard if you dont know all her freinds... my mom wants to do one with her knowing about it so we can get all her friends there... i feel bad because i wanted to help her future MIL but it just is not working... i would way rather do it with my mom...is that mean of me? do i just tell her that i cant help her anymore because i wasnt getting any where anyways.... plus my mom is my mom... what would you do?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 12:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I was in a similar situation except it was my SIL and my mom....and it was MY baby shower. I had to have two because my SIL doesn't like any of my friends muchless my side of the family. Do what you think would make your sister happy. Remember that this is being done for her, not for her MIL or her mom. I believe that people often lose sight of this. Whatever your decision is, decide it with her in mind.
    khebert

Answer by khebert at 8:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Not mean at all! Explain the situation to her future MIL. Just tell her that you still need her help/ input, but need to let your sister know so you guys can make sure that everyone who is important to her gets to share in this special day! :)
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 12:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• does she have a best friend or something you can inlist to help with the surprise one, ask some of the friends you know about who she would want to be invited. I dont think it would be that hard to do a surprise one, and I would help with both of them as well.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Well her hubby should be able to know who her friends are! I would do both! Have your mom's be for family and MIL be for her family and friends,,more baby gifts,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Explain to each that you are going to help with both showers,, and tell them you do not want to hear one negative comment for either side,, this is about their grandchild, so they need to cool their jets! I think it is nice that she can have 2 showers,,good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• tell them both to get over them self!!! The shower is for the mother & the baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 3:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I would help out with both.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I agree, I would include them both in the planning.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• um have them do it together... and check her facebook and see who her friends are...
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• and they will not work toghether so i feel like im going behind their backs helping the other
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2011