How long did you or will you breast feed your baby/babies?

amydh

Asked by amydh at 7:58 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• i plan on breastfeeding to about a yr
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I BF'd my DD for 13 months. My DS is 8.5 months and we're still going strong. I hope to BF him until we're both ready to stop. However, if we're not done by 2, I'll probably wean. Don't wanna be checking out at the grocery with a 2yo who's lifting your shirt asking for "booby time" LMAO.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 8:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I plan on breastfeeding for as long as it's comfortable and reasonable for me. I'm going to give it all I've got, I know it's going to be hard but I plan to stick with it. If everything goes good, I'll probably do it for at least a year.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My son is 9 1/2 months old now and still getting breastmilk. I want him to get it until he is atleast 18 months. Which is a long way considering I have been exclusively pumping since he was 3 weeks old.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I could only breast feed my son for 2 months because I had to work and we had 0 money for a pump.With my daughter the first major purchases was a breast pump and so I was able to breast feed her for 9.5 months before I started to 'dry up' I was so happy I made it that far I really felt robbed of the experience the first time around.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• ive heard of a 5 yr old LOL thats way to old!!! i think after a year is too old i couldn't imagine doing my son who is 8 months old.. but everyone is different and what ever works for you =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• till he was 8 months
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I plan to breastfeed mine at least a year- hopefully until 18 months, 24 months would be even better. It's great for the kid, and it's great for mom.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My goal is 2 years and beyond that he can self wean. I don't really care how long he nurses as long as we hit 2 years. He's 21 months old now.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Don't wanna be checking out at the grocery with a 2yo who's lifting your shirt asking for "booby time" LMAO.

I seriously doubt this could happen unless you refuse to set boundries. My son is almost 2 and rarely nurses when we are out at all(and certainly doesn't lift my shirt at the grocery store) and even when he does it's only for a second and only if he's not busy or he's hurt.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2008