Best way to clean

your tub. It is made out of that crappy material that is almost impossible to get hard water off of it. Looks like we have well water but we don't. We have hard water but the coloring on the tub is yellow.

PLEASE HELP!!! I've tried EVERYTHING!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have the same problem with my tub. I googled ways to clean the type I have and found that a combination of oven cleaner + a Mr. Clean magic eraser is the best for the job. I have yet to try it though - it's on the list for today.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• You might want to try straight bleach get a spray bottle and take the sprayer and put it in the bleach bottle but don't worry if it does not fit bc all you will be doing is spraying the bleach out anyway and spray onto the tub then put everything back the way it was and make sure you have the windows open so it will air out (the fumes are strong) or do that and leave the house for a few hours. As the matter of fact that is what I did today only I had tough mold stains stuck in the cracks of the tile and now it looks good not completely gone( they did fade away slightly) but way better than what it was before. Im happy with it. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• We use CLR for anything that is hard to get hard water stains off of....it works REALLY well and after the CLR...I rinse the tub really well and use bleach...I know your supposed to but I almost never dilute it....straight bleach works better lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Imma jump on the Mr Clean magic eraser band wagon.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• Have you tried a pumice stone?
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 7:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• vineager and HOT water
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• I love my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. If this does not work, try using CLR, it seems to do the trick for me.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2011

• White vinegar mixed with some baking soda.

Magic Eraser works good on it too but i usually just stick with my vinegar-baking soda mixture.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 1:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2011

• vinegar and baking soda
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 9:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I use those foaming Scrubbing Bubbles.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:58 PM on May. 2, 2011